Counting Employee Hours Under ACA Eligibility Rules in Light of COVID-19
Time & Location
About the Event
This webinar will:
- Provide an overview of the employer shared responsibility provisions under the ACA
- Define which employers are applicable large employers (ALEs) and discuss how to count employee hours to determine if an employer is an ALE
- Discuss which employee hours are not counted for purposes of determining ALE status, with an emphasis on how employees on furlough, lay-off, or leave of absence are counted for ALE status
- Discuss the two methods for tracking employee hours to determine whether an employee is full-time and must be offered coverage
- Discuss which employee hours are counted and not counted when measuring full-time status for newly hired and ongoing employees and how employee hours while on furlough, lay-off, or leave of absence are counted when determining full-time status
- Discuss how to count days while the employee is on furlough, lay-off, or leave of absence when an employee is in a waiting period for coverage
- Discuss how the break-in-service rules apply for employees that are on furlough, lay-off, or leave of absence
- Discuss how employers must handle coverage when an employee is on furlough, lay-off, or leave of absence while in a stability period under the look-back measurement method
- Discuss how furloughs, lay-offs, and leaves of absence will affect affordability of coverage when an employer is using the federal poverty line, W-2, or rate of pay safe harbors
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will provide employers with an overview of the employer shared responsibility provisions under the ACA, with an emphasis on determining employee eligibility for group health plan coverage when employees are experiencing reduction in hours due to the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please send me an email if you would like to attend this webinar!